From Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.aspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Email address morphing (Was Re: subscribe to list?)
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 00:45:51 GMT
That happens sometimes not only with Gmail but also Hotmail and
similar services. They're set up to be transparent in the sense that
while the user can specify what address appears in the From: line, the
actual Gmail, Hotmail or other address often shows up easily in the
headers when replying or forwarding the original message.

I believe the idea is preventing people from concealing the true
origins of their messages.

Cheers!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Your mood can affect how you read this e-mail. Please read it with a smile.
(http://tonecheck.com)

Yet on both responses it is listed as sheilapmorris@gmail.com. Why did this occur?

> Steve
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Terry <terauck-aouser@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Sheila,
>>
>> You should know that the email address you use to subscribe to this list will appear
in public records of any email you send to the list.

>>> ________________________________

can always unsubscribe when you've had enough.)

>>> An alternative that will not flood your e-mail is to go to the OpenOffice Community
Forums and check in the topic area on Setup and Troubleshooting: <http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/>.
 You can explore and search the Forums without registration.  If your question is not already
answered there, you can register to ask and also arrange to receive e-mail notices of any

using the e-mail account you want list messages to be received at.  You will receive a verification
message.  Follow the instructions in that message for confirming that you authorized the
subscription request.

>>> Wherever you choose to seek assistance, please be specific about (1) the version
of OpenOffice you are attempting to install and how you obtained it.  Be specific about the
problem you are having.

>>> - Dennis

Morris