From Tony <ableton...@gmail.com>
Subject Multilingual and multicurrency spreadsheets
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 07:56:46 GMT
Hello!

I'm trying to make the world's first multilingual / multicurrency OO
spreadsheet for global businesses.

At my (tonyman's) thread over at the OpenOffice.org Community
Forum<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46834&p=229654>-
is the following possible?

1. (based on JohnSUN-Pensioner's
example<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=13919>)
Utilize the translations from a global "Translations" worksheet, so we can
avoid having to use one worksheet per language.

2. (based on the currency table in "Settings" in
tonys_multilingual.ods<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=13917>)
A "Select your currency" dropdown list and a "Return to original
currencies" button (preferably in the "Settings" worksheet as opposed to
having one dropdown and one button for each worksheet)

3. Another dropdown list next to all amounts with the currencies from the
currency table in "Settings" - allowing users to enter amounts in their
original currencies. I think this is good since many global businesses buy
products / services from different countries with different currencies.
Also, since currencies fluctuate, it'd be nice having the amounts in their
original currencies for maximum accuracy.

If so, any idea how? Or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Tony