From Patrick Plummer <mpgpatr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hijacked by Funmoods pretending to be Open Office
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 20:33:04 GMT
Hi Rob:

1) What led you to www.office-suite-download.com? Was it an email
solicitation? A Google Search? A link in social media?
It was a Bing search.
2) Were you actively looking for OpenOffice at the time?
Yes, I needed it for my work and the company recomended OO (instead of
buying MS 2007

3) Had you heard of "OpenOffice" before you saw that website?
No.
4) Did you think that the www.office-suite-download.com website was
endorsed or affiliated with the OpenOffice project?
That's the way it appears. The graphics seemed to copy the OO but it
started to try and add a lot of programs during download.

5) When did you notice that something was wrong?
Funmoods tool bar appeared on EI and Chrome. When I went to sites ads were
popping up. On Facebook ads were on the left side AND in the middle of
peoples status. Computer slowed down. IN some cases words were underlined
and when I hovered it was an ad. What advertisers in their right mind think
that people will actually buy from them? I researched Funmoods and found
out I'd been taken. I have removed Funmoods and updated both Malware and
Trend Mircro. Going to run another Malware scan tonight as the last one
took 9.5 hours.
6) How did you then find us here on this mailing list?
I had posted Hijacked by Funmoods and was requested to write to you to let
you know someone is pretending to be OO.
If you would rather respond in private, directly to me, that is fine as
well.
I hope you get this out to everyone, Rob. In my brief experience with OO I
find both Writer and the spreadsheet easy to use.
Oops gatta go into a meeting.
Thank you, and thanks everyone who has written me.
Patrick