From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: small caps
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:05:37 GMT
At 17:56 03/04/2012 +0200, Angelo Marra wrote:
>I need to set a shortcut to enable small caps in OpenOffice
>Write[r]. How can I do this?

o Select some text in your document to which you have applied the
"Small capitals" effect.
o Go to Format | Styles and Formatting (or click the Styles and
Formatting button in the Formatting toolbar, or press F11).
o Click the Character Styles button.
o Click the "New Style from Selection" button and then "New Style
from Selection".
o Give your new (character) style a name - perhaps "Small Caps"?
o Go to Tools | Customize... | Keyboard.
o Under Category, scroll down to and expand Styles; then click Character.
o Under Function, select your new style.
o Under Shortcut keys, scroll down to and select your preferred
keyboard shortcut.
o Click Modify and OK.

Styles are stored in documents, so I fancy you will need to load the
style into any other document in which you wish to use it.  You could
choose to include it in a template - perhaps even in your default template.

>So I wonder how can I assign a [ctrl+ something] combination to
>toggle smallcaps on/off as ctrl+i does for italics?

This won't toggle the effect, but you could use Ctrl+M to cancel its effect.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker