From floris v <>
Subject Re: Ditching our mirror system for an inferior solution?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:23:34 GMT
I wasn't even aware that SF now also hosts the executables downloads
until somebody posted a question on the oooforum that he couldn't make
it past the SourceForge start page - it turned out that he hadn't
enabled Javascript for SF. I tried a download and my only gripe was that
the download dialog box took a while to appear and in the meantime a
download for some other program was eh, offered in a way that you
couldn't overlook, so to speak, and that did, as it were, look like it
was all you were going to get on that page. ;-) If that could be speeded
up a bit, that would raze the only objection I have against the current
Honestly, while we are all volunteering our time and money (think of
electricity bills) to contribute to the OOo project, it's up to each of
us to decide how much time and money we're prepared to spend on it, but
we aren't entitled to decide that for other people. I've downloaded a
lot from SourceForge in the past and I don't object to them trying to at
least cover the expenses of offering free downloads by advertising. With
all the other commercial websites that offer OOo bundled with loads of
suspicious other stuff that we get complaints about on the user forums
SourceForge will be /one/ external download site that we /won't/ have to
worry about.
Peter aka floris v