From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: A moderator's view of this list [was: Re: I Hate Your Product]
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 08:38:54 GMT
On 03/04/12 10:08, Michael Adams wrote:

> Personally i detest using forums. As an individual i am basically lazy

+1

But it's not really laziness - it's yet another username (or was it an
email address this time, and which one?) and yet another password to
remember before one can ask for help. And yet another website that works
differently to all the others. Or maybe being overwhelmed counts as
laziness?

> and a push method works for me much better than a pull one. Both have
> there place. Many find email a good way to contribute back to the

And I'll ask again, as there was no response before. Is there any
logical reason why the two should be gatewayed? List and forum that is.
Naively, ISTM if the database of submissions is properly organized, 'the
forum' or 'the list' is only the interface to a common dataset.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England