From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: A moderator's view of this list [was: Re: I Hate Your Product]
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:41:48 GMT
On 01/04/12 14:22, M. Fioretti wrote:

> On Sun, April 1, 2012 9:32 am, Mike Scott wrote:
>
>> Marco and I don't agree on the "right" way
>
> Mike,
> I confess I forgot what is exactly that we disagree about.
>
> Marco

Actually, while I remember a disagreement, I'm not sure myself of the
details. I think it might have been about using some sort of engine to
guess a likely answer to unsubscribed queries - I vaguely seem to recall
you didn't approve: apologies if my memory is wrong.

On that latter point, do I understand correctly that the basis of your
approach is to track incoming unsubbed emails, and automatically copy
corresponding list responses to their originators, so removing the
subbed/unsubbed issue entirely? Response would still be from a person,
but they'd not have to worry that the originator might not receive the
reply.

My thought was that unsubbed emails could be redirected to an
autoresponder, which would analyse the email and send a likely answer
(if possible) plus carefully worded information about subscribing and
the benefits (and otherwise) of doing that.

One might mix both approaches.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England