From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: How can I develop pdf format?
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 16:16:23 GMT

On Apr 7, 2012, at 9:40 AM, omid wrote:

> Hi

OpenOffice is not really the correct place, but I can direct you.

> I'm a software developer engineer that I study and research on PDF format. I
> want to understand that can I extend this format?

Adobe has always published a PDF Reference Manual. This has been true for over 20 years.

You can look at what Adobe has to offer here:

Apache has a project dedicated to reading and writing PDF called Apache PDFBox:

In addition there is Formatting Objects (FO) generation within Apache XMLGraphics:

> Does Adobe allow developers develop PDF format Or it doesn't?

It has always been possible to develop plug-ins to be installed in Acrobat. I did some plug-in
development in the late 1990's. There are restrictions that may have changed, I haven't looked
into it in a decade. Look for the Adobe Partner program if that is your interest.

> Thanks and Regard, Omid

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message