From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE review this text -- I found it on my system and its from OPEN OFFICE
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:42:57 GMT
     It may not be "personal  informtion" (business information
perhaps), but this is what was referred to:

CHRISTINE GADDI
the KEEP IT co
3802 Rosecrans Street, #343
San Diego, CA  92110
619.269.3799
PPAI#438616

     The disclaimer below this information is not likely to stop anyone
from using this information to their own advantage and your
disadvantage.
     Now to answer your question. At the bottom of most emails on this
mailing list is:

     Click the top link. Send the email it generates: you do not have to
add anything to it. You are sent a confirmation email. When you receive
it, click the Reply button. Send the email that this generates. Again
you do not have to add anything to the email.

--Dan

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 12:23 -0400, Gael Ross wrote:
> Thank you!!!  I was not aware that I was putting any person information on any email.
 I went to open office trying to find office for Mac.  If personal information got on there
it must have been via some form that I completed on 000-users?  Could you please send me the
email that you received with my personal info so I can see what you are talking about?  Thank
you. ( I am over my head in what is happening with 000-users, and tried to get off, but am
still getting emails.)
> Now I am really paranoid!!
> On Apr 30, 2012, at 11:16 AM, upscope@nwi.net wrote:
>
> > I can not answer your question but just give you some advice. NEVER put
> > your personal address, phone number etc on an email like this. Remember it
> > will be on a server some where for years to come. Also people can see it
> > and use it for ID theft etc.
> >

> >> Christine,
> >> I am totally confused. I went to open office trying to find a more recent
> >> form of Office for Mac than what I have.  I know nothing about how it
> >> works, and I hope I have not created some major problem!! I am now getting
> >> emails from ooo-users that I don't understand.  Do I need to get off this
> >> site?
> >> Please help me.  I am not in any way a hacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >> Gael

> > For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org

BE
OF