From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update problem
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:56:30 GMT
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 10:06 +0200, PETER KITCHEN wrote:
> I notice my version, 3.3.0 has not updated itself for several months,
> despite having settings for weekly automatic updates. I run Mac OSX
> version 10.5.8. When I try to update manually, I get the following
> message : Could not establish network connection to
> update36.services.openoffice.org.
>
> Please advise
>
> Thank you
> PETER KITCHEN
> p.kitchen@aon.at
> MITTERWEG 24
> 6252 BREITENBACH
> AUSTRIA

     That is because there is no version since 3.3.0. About that time,
Oracle gave the OpenOffice.org project to Apache Foundation (now known
as Apache Open Office. It has taken some time for Apache to get things
reorganized again. Presently, builds are being developed. But these have
not yet reached the release candidate stage.
     With all the changes that have occurred in the last year, the
automatic updates no longer works. You should disable it. Once the first
Apache Open Office stable version is available, you should be able to
again enable automatic updates.

--Dan