From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Running a bat file from Open Office
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:05:50 GMT
     I presume you are using the zip format to encrypt the work book. My
suggestion would be to use do this at the office before emailing the
file to your home. Use a zip program to decrypt the .xls file. Do your
work on OOo and use the zip program to encrypt the file before emailing
it back to your office.
     If you don't have a zip program, 7zip.exe is free and available
online is you use windows at home (there are others and your windows
version may have a program that will do this as well).

--Dan

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 00:03 +1000, Sami Pierre Massarany wrote:
> Dear Mr Dan Lewis
>
> The file that I am using is a Microsoft Office Excel file i.e (.xls) extension, this
file will be used in the office by using Microsoft Excel 2010 and at home by using Open Office
Calc.
>  The file is zipped because it is being email between the office and home

file. The person who receives it can rename it so that it has the .zip extension if there
is something he wants to do with it with a zip extension.