From Huw Greenhough <hg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't access Bugzilla since migration [not subscribed to this list]
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:39:22 GMT
>> On 03/04/2012 Huw Greenhough wrote:

>> When I follow those instructions I am told:
>> "A token for changing your password has been emailed to you. Follow
>> the instructions in that email to change your password."
>> but nothing arrives. I have checked my spam folder.

back.

Thanks Andrea, & sorry for the delay responding, I've not been near my computer for a
while.

I regained control of my account just now!

Either you did think of a way to fix the problem, or someone else did, or a background step
in the migration was completed. Today when I tried to reset my password I actually received
the token,
& all went smoothly, although not quite according to the
instructions*.

For anyone else in the situation I was in, here are the steps that worked for me:

At https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ click "Forgot Password".
Enter *just* your old Issuezilla username (i.e. not followed by @openoffice.org), & press
"Reset".
Click the link in the reset-token email, when it arrives at the email address you used at
old Issuezilla.

Create a new password.

*That same email address* is now your new username (i.e. not oldusername@openoffice.org) -
this will be confusing if you change email address in future..

Your old username is now your "Real name" (in Preferences - Account Information).

Cheers & thanks,
Huw