From "Alan Lord (News)" <alansli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mozilla-like installation for Linux?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:16:44 GMT
On 23/03/12 05:56, Terry wrote:
> My recollection is that several years ago there was at least a
> discussion about the possibility of a package of the same kind as
> Firefox and Thunderbird.  Mozilla provides a compressed folder
> containing everything you need apart from plugins and, I dare say,
> Mozilla could include plugins if it wanted to.

It's not *that* hard to compile mozilla apps from source. That way you
can have it build for pretty much any linux system.

I'm sure a quick google would provide you with a decent howto... Yes. I
was right:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/xsoft/thunderbird.html

Even show you what dependencies there are.

HTH

Al

--
Libertus Solutions