From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Extension email conversion - not
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 23:49:33 GMT
So I get this:

> Dear OpenOffice.org Extensions user,
>
> As you may have heard, Oracle contributed the OpenOffice.org (OOo)
> code to Apache in June 2011. As part of this move, we are about to
> loose access to the servers that formerly hosted the OpenOffice.org
> website and various other online services associated with the
> project, included the Extensions websites.
>
> Since SourceForge is currently hosting the Extensions website, in
> collaboration with the Apache OpenOffice community we are working to
> help you to smoothly retain full control over your existing
> Extensions credentials.
>
> Below you'll find a temporary unique link you can use to access your
> account at the Extensions website:
>
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/user/reset/4728/1331851434/<snipped>
>
>  If you want to be sure this is not a phishing attack, we suggest you
> to read all the news about the Retirement of OpenOffice.org emails at
> the Apache blog:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/retirement_of_openoffice_org_email
>
>  Whatever was your role at the OpenOffice.org community, we'd like to
> say thank you for your past contributions, and we look forward to see
> you help also the Apache OpenOffice community to succeed.
>
> The SourceForge Community Team

and go to the link. Turns out that the link requires cookies, initial
connect with cookies turned off failed. Turned cookies on & attempt to
change my password results in:

> The login with OpenOffice.org accounts is currently not possible:
> SSL: certificate subject name '*.apache.org' does not match target
> host name 'openoffice.org' Sorry. Unrecognized username or password.
> Have you forgotten your password?
>
> The name NoOp@openoffice.org is not your OpenOffice.org username,
> please provide your username instead of your e-mail adress.(2)
>
> The login is now possible only for users who have already converted
> their account: https://openoffice.org/ - 0 :

I try my OOo username - same result.

So I wander on over to https://openoffice.org/ - 0
and get this in return:

> openoffice.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>
> The certificate is only valid for <a id="cert_domain_link"
> title="*.apache.org">*.apache.org</a>
>
> (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Chromium error is a little more ominous (and yes I know how to get
around the cert):

> This is probably not the site you are looking for! You attempted to
> reach openoffice.org, but instead you actually reached a server
> identifying itself as *.apache.org. This may be caused by a
> misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An
> attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake
> (and potentially harmful) version of openoffice.org. You should not
> proceed.

You guys can't even get your security certs sorted out:
CN = *.apache.org
OU = Infrastructure
O = Apache Software Foundation
L = Forest Hill
ST = Maryland
C = US
(48:10:EA:FA:69:6C:2E:C0:99:A9:63:08:5A:3F:D8:00).

I give up. The OOo users went through this when OOo went from Sun to
Collabnet/Oragle et al.