From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject This list & how to unsubscribe
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:19:20 GMT
We sent a note out to the legacy OpenOffice.org announcement list a
couple of days ago, letting them know that that list and the legacy
openoffice.org email forwarder was being shut down effective today.
The note also gave them information on how to subscribe to the
corresponding Apache OpenOffice mailing lists.

Since the note went out to 80,000 users, if only a fraction of 1% of
them were confused, it will cause a period, like we're seeing now,
where users are subscribed to the wrong list,or didn't know they were
subscribing to a list at all, or can't figure out how to unsubscribe,
etc.   We just need to be patient and explain how this works.

If you are receiving this note and wish to be taken off of this
mailing list, then you must send an email to:
confirmation note back to you.  When you receive the confirmation
note, follow its instructions on how to confirm.  After that you will
no longer receive emails from this mailing list.

If you wish to be on the low-traffic list for project announcements,
such as when OpenOffice 3.4 is ready to download, then send an email
to ooo-announce@incubator.apache.org.  Again, you will receive a
confirmation email for you to respond too.

Regards,

-Rob