From Umberto Tosi <umberto3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: false "recover files" messages
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 05:56:30 GMT
Thanks again to both of you - Rory and Terry.
Sounds like either of your suggestions would be excellent.

For me , however, it's not a question of what's easier or quicker, or more
elegant, but of finding a fix that I can make without botching it..

I'm pretty good for a civilian, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to
customize OO.o files in the way you describe.

Given that, I'm inclined to simply delete the profile (if I can find it the
way I did the 'recovery' file.)

I'm a writer and swriter is my main interest. As such, I don't want  lose
the OED dictionary when I delete the profile.
That gets us back to customization...
I haven't a clue how to select and save an OED dictionary and then
re-install it. Wouldn't that mean I'd have to customize the profile instead
of scrapping it?

I'm sorry to take so much time with this. I really appreciate your help and
realize you must have better things to do.
Still -- I'm learning a lot!  So thanks again.
Kindest regards, Umberto

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Terry <terauck-aouser@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Hi.  No objection to the advice except that it should not be presented as
> the only, the first or the best solution.

Umberto Tosi
805-258-1712
Books
http://www.amazon.com/Umberto-Tosi/e/B002887QCW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
Reflections
http://no2shrinkwrapthoughts.blogspot.com/
Einstein Express
http://einsteinxpress.blogspot.com/
Dogs Ate My Manuscript
http://zero2inifinity.blogspot.com/
Photonics - Illustrated Nanostories
http://photonicfiction.blogspot.com/

*"If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be." * -- Yogi Berra.