From Umberto Tosi <umberto3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: false "recover files" messages
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 05:47:46 GMT
Okay. Latest installment in the saga of the false recovery files.  I
downloaded and installed Revo Uninstaller (free trial version).
It works very well, thank you.

I couldn't quite follow what you said about uninstalling only the profile
and customzing it...

But I did backup my files and used Revo to uninstall OO.o 3.1 as you
suggested. That worked fine.

Then I went to OO.o online and clicked to  download the office suite 3.3
(also as you suggested. )

I've downloaded OO.o a couple of times and never had a problem.
BUT this time, the download and installation failed twice!
The first time it only downloaded the "Weather Bug" which I really didn't
need, but apparently was bundled with OO.o.
The second time (and third) I went back to OpenOffice.org and tried again.
Both times the exe downloaded for a good hour and at the end I get this
error message:

*"C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install-wJRE_en-US(2).exe
could not be saved, because the source file could not be read...."
*
What's up with that!
I never had such a problem with OO.o or any open source software,
frankly!!!
(Now I have no Open Office!)
Please advise. Thanks.
(BTW- I was able to get rid of a pesky app in the process that Windows
uninstaller didn't phase.)