From Fred Juan DIAZ <fredjuan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about openoffice.org math
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:48:05 GMT
Hi

Regina is right : the best way to deal with formulas is to write them
directly in writer.

either you use the window edition
(Insert > Object > Formula) and you click on the buttons

or you know a little bit of OOMath code and you  write directly this code
for example : R = U over I     or   I = sqrt { P over R}
    (don't forget spaces around key words over ; sqrt ; ...)
then you select your code
then  Insert > Object > Formula     on your code => instantaneous
transformation
Press Escape two times to make your cursor coming back to your text.

when you get used to direct writing, you"ll never use another method for
simple formulas :-)

codes can be learnt by observing inserted ones when you use buttons

You can even create your own shortcut for inserting formula,.
(Tools > Customize > tab Keyboard and choose the Ctrl Key you wish  >
Modify > Ok)
 it will allow you to be still faster.

FJD