From Wade Smart <wadesm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I Hate Your Product
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 00:44:15 GMT
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 18:56, Stacie Jones <queenigraine@gmail.com> wrote:
> I honestly believe the issue here is with the Kindle Store, not Open
> Office.
>
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Mark Micloskey <vinylord@hotmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I did not have any reason to become involved with Open Office until my
>> book seller, Amazon.com's Kindle Store created a secret Sales Report, only
>> open to Excel owners. I can not affort to buy Excel just to read my sales
>> reports. So they told me to use Free File Opener, which didn't work. Then
>> they told me to download OpenOffice, which failed to open the Secret
>> Reports using "OPEN" - so I stumbled upon "OPEN AND SAVE" which opened
>> them. Not that your company offered any help.....But today's complaint
>> concerns how your product is mangling my Instant Messenger History. It's
>> makes it unreadable! So when I looked for some simple instructions, I
>> instead encountered page after page of unrelated topics I could make no
>> sense of. Naturally there was no Support Chat. So I tried several "contact
>> us" links which all were dead ends because no email is associated with some
>> program or other.....Which leads us to my point: how can I get the right
>> program to read my Messenger History instead of having your awful product
>> jump to the front of the line and mangle everything? I spent 90 minutes
>> online with Dell Technical Support which failed to solve the mystery. I
>> used to just have a folder on my desktop which I could open to read all my
>> old IMs. Now it's in a tangle.....can anyone there help me??
>>
>> Mark
>

> --
> Peace,
> Stacie M. Jones
> ~"Lokaa samastaa sukhino bhavantu,"~
> "May all worlds be happy."

Unfortunately, for the normal person out there - they dont know how to
use lists, forums or groups
and when you add anything NOT paid for - attitudes go through the roof!

I could point out that since the original poster has a hotmail
account, he should have access to
basic Word and Excel like Gmail users do.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606