From Paul Cachia <deboltd...@shaw.ca>
Subject Fwd: How do I unistall this programme?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:47:21 GMT
Here are some screen shots that describe the problem

This restore window splash screen is now impossible to get rid of and persists until I force
quit Open Office. I can no longer Quit Open Office, I have to Force Quit the application and
only then does this splash screen resolve. Something has happened to the Open Office programme
that recurs even if I trash the application and its preferences files and reload the latest
update from you site. This problem occurred today about two hours ago. I have been using this
programme of several years on this iMac and have never had a problem even after I upgraded
to Lion about a year ago.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Paul Cachia <cachiap@gmail.com>
> Subject: How do I unistall this programme?
> Date: 1 March, 2012 12:08:32 PM MST
> To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
>
> I have been using Open Office for some time now but it has suddenly developed an error
this morning and it is putting up a flash screen on my monitor that is asking me to "restore
windows". I have tried to restore but nothing happens and the flash screen stays open. and
I can't open .doc files any longer. I get a blank sheet. It seems to be trying to restore
the file for some reason. I tried quitting and restarting the programme and my computer (iMac
running Lion) but nothing cures this problem. The "Writer" is now unusable and I have a permanent
flash screen on my desktop if I try using "writer". I tried downloading the latest version
from the website but that doesn't fix the problem. I have to get rid of Open Office. How do
I do a complete uninstall to make sure all its files have been removed? I have looked through
the Contents folder in the Applications folder on my iMac but I don't see an unistall item.
Do I just dump the Open Office application folder? Does that remove all the files associated
with this programme?

> Thanks,
>
> Paul Cachia
> Edmonton Alberta