From "Abraham Mathew" <abraham.mat...@kcs.com.kw>
Subject RE: Microsoft Word 2010 document margin and table issue when rendered in OpenOffice 3.2/3.3
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 09:51:21 GMT
I have uploaded the artifacts of this testcase here

http://www.4shared.com/zip/AvCzR5nj/OpenOffice_Userlist.html

From: Abraham Mathew [mailto:abraham.mathew@kcs.com.kw]
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2012 11:34 AM
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Microsoft Word 2010 document margin and table issue when
rendered in OpenOffice 3.2/3.3

Dear All,

I have a user generated document from Microsoft Word 2010 , it displays
good in Microsoft Word 2010 and also can be saved as PDF in Microsoft
Word 2010.

When a user opens it in OpenOffice 3.3 the get a different layout and
there is issues with how the tables and table cells are displayed, the
same appear

in the PDF when the user saves it as PDF from OpenOffice

I am at wits end and don't know what to explain to the user? Also the
pdf is used for printing and signature and it looks bad in it.

Can someone explain?

Why is the OpenOffice code or usecase for rendering Microsoft word
documents not taking care of such cases?

Please someone advice what I should explain?

Thanks and Regards,

Abraham Mathew.