From David Rivers <>
Subject Re: A moderator's view of this list [was: Re: I Hate Your Product]
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:07:02 GMT
[The autoresponder thing sounds interesting.  So you don't allow any
non-suscriber traffic.  Any posts from non-susbcribers get an automatic
response that presumably outlines their support options, tells them they
would need to subscribe first if they want to post to the ooo-users list,
maybe gives some hints for writing useful support request posts, etc.

I think that would be an improvement.   What do others think?

Good idea, indeed, but for many newbies, running an unfamiliar complex machine like a computer
and a sophisticated word processor,let alone dealing with a mailing list or forum is a scary
thing. Confidence needs building first and a means to escape.
That's why pilots are taught how to land a plane first, before being taught how to take off.
Thus the autoresponder may be more successful by providing the non-subscriber with the unsubscribe
method first, then showing how to subscribe. :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message