From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: unsubscribing
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:32:19 GMT
On 31/03/12 10:39, Herman H Dalman wrote:
> May be this can help:
> Do not send HTML; send plain text (Content-type: text/plain) instead.
> Sending HTML decreases the number of people who will read your email and
> is the single most common cause of mail being rejected by the apache.org
> inbound spam filtering. If your mail bounced and the error message said
> the spam hits include HTML_MESSAGE, re-send the message as plain text.

Poor advice perhaps. Not that I disapprove of the principle. I'm afraid
a whole lot of people - and exactly the ones who need help - won't have
a clue what "html" or "Content-type: text/plain" might be, much less how
to send simple plain text (and again, I had a very bemused look from a
Word user once when I asked for a "plain text file"; he hadn't a clue,
and it wasn't entirely his fault -- IMO user interfaces are so dumbed
down, people don't know what happens 'under the hood'. Maybe they
shouldn't need to; I'm not sure).

BTW I did notice the OP's list email did /not/ have the usual 'how to
unsubscribe' rubrick.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England