From John Boyle <jhnboyle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CVE-2012-0037: OpenOffice.org data leakage vulnerability
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:13:53 GMT
On 3/25/2012 1:59 AM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
> Hi Boiling John,
>
> You could be a little more polite, keep in mind that Rob provide this
> patch to protect or security.
> The instructions are clear and I didn't had a problem to install it.
>
> Martin
>
> On 25/03/2012 5:18 PM, John Boyle wrote:
>> On 3/22/2012 6:16 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> Please note, this is the official security bulletin, targeted for
>>> security professionals.  If you are an OpenOffice.org 3.3 user, and
>>> are able to apply the mentioned patch, then you are encouraged to do
>>> so.  If someone else supports or manages your desktop, then please
>>> forward this information to them.
>>>
>>> Additional support is available on our Community Forums:
>>>
>>> http://user.services.openoffice.org/
>>>
>>> And via our ooo-users mailing list:

>>> Note:  This security patch for OpenOffice.org is made available to
>>> legacy OpenOffice.org users as a service by the Apache OpenOffice
>>> Project Management Committee.  The patch is made available under the
>>> Apache License, and due to its importance, we are releasing it outside
>>> of the standard release cycle.
>>>
>>> -Rob

>> To Rob Weir: I have been a user of computers since the TRS 80 from
>> Tandy and a user of OpenOffice for I don't know how many years! The
>> asinine patch that was put out to be installed was badly done and I
>> cannot use it whatsoever! Now, if someone cannot get it to their
>> heads that a patch must be a simple install from the get go, then
>> they are going to lose users of open office for their arrogance. A
>> four-part Idiotic message claiming to give you a patch is actually
>> totally worthless! Have you ever heard of the DUMMIES books and
>> method of approach to this problem?:-( :-( :-(

To Rob and Martin: I had no intention of being Impolite, but I never
found any third page I keep hearing about and cannot figure how to
install the patch! I was just asking if there wasn't a simpler way or
where the heck was the patch at? I can't figure it out from what you've
gotten And I started with computers on a TRS 80 computer. I simply would
like to get my OpenOffice patched correctly and am asking if it's at all
possible?:-\