From "Girvin R. Herr" <>
Subject Re: section problem
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 21:50:53 GMT
Thanks for your response.
Your grammar is fine.  I understand you perfectly.

Creating a 2-column page style would be good, but I want part of my page
as single column.  I only want the table to be in a 2-column section so
it flows without editing the data in the table.  So, that rules out a
2-column page style.

The section creation works fine, but when I paste a table into that
section, that is when things go wrong.  I think I read somewhere that OO
uses the term "section" when referring to including other document parts
into the main document.  That is probably useful when using a "Master
Document".  I am not doing that.  My document is linear.  That "section"
term may be what you are referring to when you say using sections is
difficult.  The page "section" I am referring to is not all that
difficult.  It is as simple as Insert -> Section from the top menu.  One
time I created a section and couldn't figure out how to delete it.
Since reading the Guide, I now know that a section can be "Removed" by
Format -> Sections and selecting the section name and "Remove".  So
adding a section isn't all that difficult.

Upon request, I sent my troublesome table to another user who is using
OO 3.1.1 and he reports that he did not experience the problem I was
with OO 3.3.0.  Therefore, this problem must be a bug in 3.3.0.

Since posting this problem, I discovered that if I save the bad 2-column
section document and open it up later, the bad formatting clears up and
the table looks fine.  Unfortunately, now it takes 6 minutes to save the
10 MB document!
Thanks again for your help.