From "Girvin R. Herr" <girvin.h...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject section problem
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:51:24 GMT
Greetings,
I am using OO.o 3.3.0 [OOO330m20 (Build:9567)] under Linux.  I have an
85 page (so far) Writer document I am writing that includes a 4-page
table which I am trying to place into 2 columns in an area of the
document.  I only want the table in a 2-column format, not the text
before and after the table.  I inserted a 2-column "section" before the
table, selected the table, cut and pasted it into the new section and
that's when strange things happened.  The table starts out fine for the
first 1.5 pages then, instead of continuing into the 2nd column on that
page, there are 4 "blank" but unselectable phantom pages inserted before
the remaining part of the table continues in column 1 again.  These
"blank" pages cannot be typed into nor do they have the section's column
separator lines down the center.  And yes, they do print as blank
pages.  Putting the cursor at the end of the last cell of the table's
first part, using the cursor keys to step to the next cell, jumps over
the "blank" pages to the beginning of the first cell of the 2nd part of
the table.  This "feature" effectively turned my 4-page table into a
7-page table!  That is *not* the direction I wanted to go in to save paper!

I tried this same procedure in a new document by copy-pasting the
1-column table into the new document and following the same procedure to
create the 2-column table section.  Same result.  So it isn't something
else in the large, almost 10MB document.  This is either a bug or
something I am doing wrong.  I followed the procedure in the OpenOffice
Writer Guide, Chapter 4 - Formatting Pages; Using Sections for Page Layout.

Does anybody know what is going on here?
Is this a bug?
Is it a known bug?
Is there a work-around for this?
Thanks in advance.