From Scooter C <>
Subject Re: This list & how to unsubscribe
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:32:35 GMT
Good Afternoon Group-list & David,

Thank you David.
I've been on the lists for YEARS. It is not easy to let
go of the familiar.

One of the reasons I disliked school was the fact that I was continually
forced to reacquaint myself with new surroundings and people.
I just got comfortable with my environment and it changed OR disappeared
all together.
I did not thrive, I survived.
I am not sophisticated in that regard. I appreciate your gentle teaching.
I like reading directions by example, it makes the newbie more
comfortable and reminds the foggy veteran.

Take Care.
College Park, MD USA

David B Teague sr wrote   on 3/16/2012 6:51 PM:
> Folks,
> Some are not particularly sophisticated. They need help.
> Yelling, telling them to read the instructions does NOT help. Recently
> I sent the following to a person asking how to unsubscribe. I
> recommend this approach rather than yelling or other unhelpful stuff.
> I sent the following in a private message.
> David Teague
> describe how:
> At the bottom of almost all messages, and at the bottom of the message
> distributed by the list in response to your request there are these
> lines that tell you how to unsubscribe:
> On 3/16/2012 2:54 PM, <name> wrote:
>> <I SNIPPED the message body>
> *With most email programs all you have to do is just reply to the
> unsubscrption confirmation message.
> I hope this helps
> <signature>
> On 3/16/2012 4:07 PM, Mike Scott wrote:
>> On 16/03/12 19:08, Stuart wrote:
>>> So... follow the instructions at the bottom of the email!
>>> For goodness' sakes, people! Read the darn messages!
>> Why? Much more fun to shout at people and demand they do something :-(
>> Seriously though, this whole business of 'why am I getting these
>> emails' or 'please unsubscribe me' is a singularly long-standing
>> annoyance to those who're here for the more technical meat. The OO
>> users list historically has been inundated with meta-junk like this
>> followup (sorry!!), rather than the intended proper discussion
>> material. I've even known the list to be mail-bombed in protest by
>> someone who couldn't be bothered to unsubscribe himself.
>> This list is about the only one I subscribe to; is the irrational
>> behaviour peculiar to OO list[s], or are other mail lists similarly
>> affected?
>> And given that some people seem pathologically incapable of reading,
>> much less following, simple instructions, has anyone a cure?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message