From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: This list & how to unsubscribe
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:07:50 GMT
On 16/03/12 19:08, Stuart wrote:
> So... follow the instructions at the bottom of the email!
>

> For goodness' sakes, people! Read the darn messages!

Why? Much more fun to shout at people and demand they do something :-(

Seriously though, this whole business of 'why am I getting these emails'
or 'please unsubscribe me' is a singularly long-standing annoyance to
those who're here for the more technical meat. The OO users list
historically has been inundated with meta-junk like this followup
(sorry!!), rather than the intended proper discussion material. I've
even known the list to be mail-bombed in protest by someone who couldn't
be bothered to unsubscribe himself.

This list is about the only one I subscribe to; is the irrational
behaviour peculiar to OO list[s], or are other mail lists similarly
affected?

And given that some people seem pathologically incapable of reading,
much less following, simple instructions, has anyone a cure?

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England