From Josef Latt <Josef.L...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Report a bug
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:48:41 GMT
Hi,

Am 16.03.2012 07:43, schrieb Terry:

>> Whats about the implemented 'AutoRecovery information'. It saves all
>> information to recover files after a crash. AFAIK these information will
>> be deleted after the files are completely saved.
>> IMHO its needful to set the recovery time shorter than default.
>>
>> AFAIK, the automatic backup was replaced by this function.
>
> Auto-recovery needs to be fixed.  Since starting to use the software about 6 years ago
I have read more than a few complaints about the 'recovery' process over-writing the saved
version of the file with something less than the saved version if not a corrupted version
of the file

That's not right. The recovery process doesn't overwrite the saved file.
The user will be informed about documents, which can be recovered and
asked to open them. Once the document is open, his handling is as usual.

The recovered document has less information than the opened document
before the crash. Therefore I wrote that the recovery time must be
adjusted individually. A short time to minimize the lost of information,
but not to short, because saving needs time, espacially with big documents.

--
PGP Schl├╝ssel: 311D1055
http://keyserver.pgp.com