From "Girvin R. Herr" <girvin.h...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Error Message (java)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 01:28:33 GMT
Terry,
I can attest to that.  A few weeks ago, I upgraded to 6u30 and writer
seemed fine, but it brought Base to its knees.  Base worked, but it was
dog slow.  The bigger my database, the slower it was.  I went back to
6u11 and Base speed returned to normal.  I posted this problem and got a
reply that 6u22 is, indeed, the latest version of Java that will work.
Hopefully, that incompatibility will be fixed with 3.4.
Girvin Herr
(OO.o 3.3.0,  Slackware Linux 12.2 [K2.6.27])

Terry wrote:
> I understand that OO 3.3 will not work with Java 7.  AFAIK, version 6 works and you can
install it (apparently) alongside version 7.  One post I read stated that 3.3 will not work
with any version later than 6_22.