From Peter Smith <petersmith36hornb...@sky.com>
Subject New User - Download Query
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:49:43 GMT
Hi there,

Having recently downloaded and installed  OpenOffice.org 3  I see that I have what appears
to be 4 separate program files on my system that are almost identical, all of which I have
saved into a folder entitled 'Open Office'. The actual OOo program seems to be working fine
on my new iMac, but I am wondering whether or not I need to keep all the 4 files, or if 3
are in fact duplicates which can be deleted.

The files downloaded are as follows:
OOo_3-1.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-us.dmg  Date Modified 17 Jan 2011 15.28  169.5MB  Disk Image
OOo_3-2.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-us.dmg  Date Modified 17 Jan 2011 15.28  169.5MB  Disk Image
OOo_3-3.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-us.dmg  Date Modified 17 Jan 2011 15.28  169.5MB  Disk Image
OOo_3-3.0_MacOSx86_install_en-us.dmg  Date Modified 5 Feb 2011 15.33  169.5MB  Disk Image

The Open Office Download Page seems to imply that the program needs around 400MB of disk space
so I am confused by the total amount of the Download.

As each file has a slightly different numerical beginning I am lead to wonder if each one
listed may perhaps be an updated version of the previous file, and whether the last one (i.e.
OOo_3-3.0_ ...) is the only one which I need to keep, but before deleting anything I would
appreciate it if someone could give me advice in this connection.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Peter Smith