From Stackpole John D <jstac...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: How do I unistall this programme?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:42:45 GMT
I have used a Mac app called CleanApp  <<  http://www.syniumsoftware.com/cleanapp/  >>
 (now at Ver. 3.4.10 (22) ) which appears to root around in your system and find all (? -
I have no way of knowing, actually, but it finds a lot of files, fer sher) related files and
then offers you the option of deleting as many (or few) as you wish.  With a warning system
that suggests which ones you should and shouldn't delete.

Caveat:  I have not tried it on OpenOffice, except to "analyze" the code.  Careful!  Be sure
to uncheck your data files, since CleanApp presents them to you as related to OpenOffice as
possible candidates for deletion.

John D Stackpole, CPP, PRP
OEO, Parliamentary Services
11 Battersea Lane
Fort Washington, MD 20744-7203

JStackpo@alum.mit.edu

On Mar 1, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Paul Cachia wrote:

> I have been using Open Office for some time now but it has suddenly developed an error
this morning and it is putting up a flash screen on my monitor that is asking me to "restore
windows". I have tried to restore but nothing happens and the flash screen stays open. and
I can't open .doc files any longer. I get a blank sheet. It seems to be trying to restore
the file for some reason. I tried quitting and restarting the programme and my computer (iMac
running Lion) but nothing cures this problem. The "Writer" is now unusable and I have a permanent
flash screen on my desktop if I try using "writer". I tried downloading the latest version
from the website but that doesn't fix the problem. I have to get rid of Open Office. How do
I do a complete uninstall to make sure all its files have been removed? I have looked through
the Contents folder in the Applications folder on my iMac but I don't see an unistall item.
Do I just dump the Open Office application folder? Does that remove all the files associated
with this programme?