From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: A moderator's view of this list [was: Re: I Hate Your Product]
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:52:13 GMT
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:37:23 -0700
John Hart <jhart@testra.com> wrote:

> On 3/31/2012 2:32 PM, Scooter C wrote:
> > This whole discussion is off the mark!!
> > Caesar is absolutely right.
> > Computer illiterates have no business owning a computer UNLESS they
> > put forth SOME effort to learn.
> I disagree with the attitude but agree with the content of this point.
>

> > Learning on this list is NOT good for anyone.
> > We're here for a specific purpose Open Office
> > *I vote to disallow non-subscribers* for all the reasons given
> >      and strongly suggest some rules be made to for dismissal of
> > disruptive list members
>
> Non subscriber posts could be moderated before going to the list and
> subscribers if they were appropriate.

The best method would be some mechanism whereby moderation was not necessary - say if a list
daemon could identify that the user was not subscribed and insert an automatic Reply-to or
CC/BCC.  Moderation is a heavy burden to place on anyone - automation is preferable.  No matter
what course is taken it won't please everyone.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>