From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Icon address errors from the OpenOffice.org Start screen (soffice.bin)
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:28:33 GMT
On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 03:16 +1100, Martin Lander wrote:
> The icons at the bottom of the screen are wrongly addressed.
>

> eg. The ""Add new features to OpenOffice.org" Plugin icon redirects
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/extensions.jsp?cid=920794&lang=en-US

> but this link fails.

> I suspect the other icons either side of this won't work either
> because they point to redundant web addresses.

     The correct link is
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/?lang=en-US. The problem is
that you are using OOo 3.3.0 or earlier which have their links prior to
Oracle donating OOo to the Apache Foundation. The Apache OpenOffice
developer builds have the correct links. However, I would not advise
using these for other than testing purposes because of potential bugs.
When the first version of Apache OpenOffice is available in the next
several months, the links will be correct.
     Prior to this happening, you probably should go to
www.openoffice.org for your needs. (It is now up and running (and has
been for some time.)

--Dan