From Terry <terauck-aou...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: My Problem opening the Open Office program
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 03:16:24 GMT
Hi.  The attachment has been removed from your email.  You can upload it to somewhere like
http://postimage.org/ and provide the link.

It sounds as though there is some uncompleted 'recovery' action.  Close all OO processes
(including the quick starter) and delete (or rename / move) the relevant file in your settings
(aka profile) folder.  Depending on which version you have the file is named registrymodifications.xcu
(3.3) or recovery.xcu (some earlier versions).

>________________________________

program. I have attached a screen shot to this email, which I hope will make my
problem clear to you.

>Firstly, I would like to say that I used to have the file
EnglishAstronomie21.pps [Please look at the attached file] but I deleted that
file long ago! Nevertheless that file seems to be having a
lingering effect on Open Office. I can only open Open Office by clicking onto
"File not recovered yet”, underneath the word “Status” [see the attached screen
shot], in order to highlight it, and then I have to press Enter on the keyboard
twice.

>Open Office, once opened, seems to work alright. However, it
is very frustrating to go through the abovementioned process every time to just
open the program. Would you please help me with this problem.