From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:43:00 GMT
On 02/29/2012 06:18 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> As we approach the first Release Candidate for Apache OpenOffice 3.4,
> it would be wonderful if we could have some more volunteers testing
> the latest dev snapshots builds. Following is some information on what
> this requires, and how you can help.
>
> First, if you have never tested a pre-release product before, know
> that bugs are expected. That is the purpose of testing, to find bugs
> so they can be fixed. Bugs could range from UI glitches, to incorrect
> formatting to crashes or even data corruption.  So you probably don't
> want to use a test build for mission-critical tasks. Of course, I
> assume you have already backed up your important documents.  You do
> have backups, right?  Ideally you can do your testing on a separate
> machine from your main work machine, so if something goes wrong you
> will not interfere with your other work.
>
> The above are all sensible precautions when testing any pre-release
> software product.
>
> If you are ready to test, you can download the latest developer
> snapshot build from this page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
Which version are you looking for feedback/testing on?

http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/r1293550/linux_x86/OOo-Dev_OOO340m1_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz
or
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/r1293550/linux_x86/OOo_3.4.0_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz

I see the "The r***** links provides full normal install sets instead of
development builds to test upgrades and system integration." However I
suspect that some will download one, and some will download the other.
So I think it helpful if you clarify as to which one you want
feedback/testing on - particularly since they are ~138MB each.