From NoOp <>
Subject Re: Heads up Regarding DocumentBorder changes
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 03:39:34 GMT
> Hi NoOp,
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 06:48:00PM -0800, NoOp wrote:
>> As an FYI: I use and test both OOo and LO so I've no particular bias in
>> pointing this out on this list. Instead I'm hoping that those that are
>> "improving" OOo-dev 3.4.0 consider the *user* reactions to the suggested
>> changes of <>
>> just in case you plan to actually use the 2009 suggestions.
> AFAIK nobody is implementing this feature in AOO, so I guess it won't
> be introduced.

Thanks Ariel.

I've opened an LO (LibreOffice) bug report regarding the issue:
[Text Boundaries have been replaced by page only Crop Marks]
and attached a PDF showing the difference between LO 3.5, LO 3.4, and
Microsoft Word 2010.

Note: I was curious about this statment in

"Competitor Study

    MS Office 2003/2007/2010 : Put marks on four corners of page, to
show the boder of documents."

Which, apparently was the basis for the change, as I understand it.
Unfortunately whoever wrote that (Ma Li/Maliinchina) apparently didn't
understand that those are 'Crop Marks' in Microsoft Word (including Word

So I downloaded Microsoft Office 2010 (trial version) to test/compare &
posted the results to the bug report.

Hopefully AOO won't follow suit and implement the LO path for this.

Gary Lee (NoOp)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message