From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Heads up Regarding DocumentBorder changes
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 02:48:00 GMT
Just as a heads up regarding:
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DocumentBorder>

I recommend following the user issues regarding this 'modernization' in
the LibreOffice threads:

Initial user thread:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.user/16851>
[LO 3.5 - Can't see page margins in Writer]

Thread on the LO ux-advise list:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.ux-advise/495>
[The "no border text" feature in Writer 3.5 is not complete]

Thread on the LO dev list:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.devel/24267>
[No page and Columns boundaries in 3.5]

And it seems that the new additions are starting to irritate users:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.user/17009>
[LibreOffice v3.5.0 -- Header/Footer -- How do I disable this]

As an FYI: I use and test both OOo and LO so I've no particular bias in
pointing this out on this list. Instead I'm hoping that those that are
"improving" OOo-dev 3.4.0 consider the *user* reactions to the suggested
changes of <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DocumentBorder>
just in case you plan to actually use the 2009 suggestions.