From Sunil Amitkumar Janki <devel.sja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Older OpenOffice.org releases
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:41:05 GMT
Hi,

I have been testing Kubuntu 11.10 AMD64 as a replacement
for a Slackware 13.1.0 based desktop that currently
works quite well except for a few minor bugs in KDE itself.

On Kubuntu the preinstalled LibreOffice is buggy and unstable
so I uninstalled it and installed the much more stable 64-bit
version of OpenOffice.org 3.3.0.

However, the subtotal functionality that is heavily used at least
in the office environment where OpenOffice.org has been
deployed, appears to have been broken between 32-bit
OpenOffice.org 3.2.0 on the old OS and 64-bit 3.3.0 on
the new OS.

I have not been able to test the 32-bit binaries of OpenOffice.org
3.3.0 on a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Kubuntu yet to see if I
can reproduce the bug, but I will do so as soon as possible.

Apart from that I have not run into any major bugs, but I will
make a Bugzilla entry and update you when I have more
information. I would also gladly test prerelease versions of
Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0 to see if the bug is still there.

Regards,
Sunil