From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: user-defined dictionaries
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:33:25 GMT
On 29/02/12 06:20, Allan & Liz wrote:
> I have created a user-defined dictionary called "Welsh" and it is ticked
> as active.
>
> How can I access it from a document and add words like you do with the
> "standard" dictionary?
>
> When I save a new word that OO says is incorrectly spelt the only
> dictionary that appears is "standard"
>
> Also, I have a few thousand Welsh place names I want to add to the
> dictionary. The current way is to used the edit within user-defined
> dictionaries and add one at a time.
> That, will take me for ever.
>
> It's got to be simple and I'm probably missing something, but the help
> and manuals seem to ignore this functionality.
>
> Regards
> Allan Hobbs

I'm not sure you're missing much.

However, google threw up:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5892662_create-open-office-dictionary.html

which might help, or might be totally and utterly wrong or out-of-date
(I've not tested it). Something like perl, awk or sed would help with
the formatting.

(BTW, I found this by googling for 'open office create user defined
dictionary' It also offered up
http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/PHP-script-to-convert-user-defined-dictionaries-to-plain-text-td2791820.html;

going the other way but might be of help.)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England