From Michael Reich <reich.mi...@gmail.com>
Subject Where Do Base Reports Store The Desired Query?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 22:33:32 GMT
I've been using a Base database for my stamp collection and each year, I
copy the previous year's report structure to a new object for the
current year.  At the same time, I copy/edit the previous year's Query
to a current year query, and edit it to reflect selection of the current
year (YYYY) for the query.   The query then selects the right records.

However, each year I struggle with updating the report format so it
knows to use the most current query to produce the report.   I have no
idea how I managed to edit the previous report structures to do what I
want, but I did.   Unfortunately, I'm stuck this year and can't get the
report for 2012 to show the 2012 records (it shows the 2011 records,
because the 2012 query was a copy of the 2011 query).

I don't know why OO has to be as obtuse as it is in making such a basic
edit in a report definition, but I can't find it.   How do you edit a
report to change the query it should use (where is this setting
hidden)?  Can someone point me in the right direction to make this
edit?   Thanks for any help!