From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Base opens with "Form"; I want "Tables"
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 20:20:28 GMT
On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 14:46 -0500, Stackpole John D wrote:
> A small annoyance but I can't spot how to get rid of it...
>
> When I open a pre-existing file.odb the "Forms" icon is selected, but I haven't created
any forms. I have to click to switch to "Tables", every time.

> I want OO to open with "Tables" highlighted so I can go to work on the data table itself.
>
> How do I tell OO to do that for me?
>
> TIA,
>
> John

     Perhaps most people who open a .odb file have one or more forms in
it. (In many cases, forms are the things used to enter data into
the .odb.) If this is true, then it may make sense to open the .odb file
with Forms selected.
     The F4 key opens the Data Source window. Open this, click the arrow
before the name of the database, click the arrow before "Tables", and
then click the table you want. Its data appears in the right side of
this window. You can add, modify, or remove any data from the table from
here. You could also access any query outputs this way.
     I have a table that contains my Bible reading "assignments" in a
table by date. I also have a query that will tell me what today's
assignment should be. I use F4 to open this window, click the arrow in
front of the database, click the arrow before Queries, and click the
query. What I want to know appears

--Dan