From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: OOo, ODF 1.2 extended format and Word: is the possibility to open OOo generated file by word ed as bug?
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:50:18 GMT

On Jan 13, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2012, at 23:09, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Has the TDF contacted Microsoft to report this bug?
>> On two occasions where the Apache POI community discovered trouble we've been able
to contact them. In the first case they patched the problem in less than one month.
> I can ask, but I'd suspect not as, unlike at Apache, Microsoft is not involved with TDF.
Do you have a suitable pathway to reliably contact a suitable staff member? I can add a note
to bug 44498* or, even better, you could :-)

The connection with MSFT was not through The ASF, it went through a user of Apache POI at
a large institution. Given what Dennis had to say I will contact him to see if he wishes to
make a connection. This will be off-list at first, individuals make their own choices about
exposing their names in public. I will give a hint that the discussion was on the public poi-dev
list about two or three years ago and it regarded PowerPoint 2008.