From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Forum name in subject
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 21:30:02 GMT
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM, James Knott <> wrote:
> Shane Curcuru wrote:
>> Set the Perform these actions: appropriately to move these messages to the
>> right folder
> Now, please explain how this is beneficial to those who often read mail on
> less capable devices.  I can certainly add filters in Seamonkey, but when I
> read mail on my smart phone, it takes a lot more effort to read mail that
> has been sorted into other folders.

Of course, on mobile devices you see fewer characters of the subject,
so the more characters dedicated to a list tag, the less you see of
the actual email's subject.  For those who have figured out how to
have list emails automatically sorted into folders on their iPhone,
there is no benefit from adding the list tag, only the downside.

But I do accept that others, with different clients and different
configurations, might have a different experience.