From Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.aspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Impress files locked for editing
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:40:12 GMT
Dennis, thank you kindly for your tip. Problem is, I save my
presentations as PowerPoint files, and if I click on the file directly
I get PowerPoint itself - which I don't want, I'd *much* rather use
Impress.

Anthony, thank you very much for your suggestion; Regina gave that to
me already and I tried it. It didn't suffice, so I posted again.

So, please consider my query still open - any further help anyone can
offer would be most appreciated!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> When I get those messages I can usually close the application and open the document (by
double-clicking on it) again immediately; everything tends to be fine the second time.  I
almost always open documents by double-clicking on the file or by selecting from the recent
documents list.