From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Forum name in subject
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 00:09:17 GMT
On 1/15/2012 17:59, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Fascinating.
>
> It never occurred to me to poll for those who would leave if the change was made or was
not made.

> It is rather difficult to base something on hypotheticals (preferences are tough enough).
>
> Since it is not possible to please everybody, there are always consequences.
>
> I regret that, but don't see any way to avoid it in situations where unanimity is unattainable.
>
>   - Dennis

Dennis,

It occurs to me that what we really need here is a new email-client
option, especially on the small-screen systems: Suppress List Tag = ""
(fill in the blank). Just maybe, on this list or on dev, we have some
people who could urge that enhancement; technically, it should be pretty
easy.
   /tj/

labeling the subject with an identifier of the list.