From Rob Unsworth <...@unsworth.net>
Subject Re: Forum name in subject
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:05:36 GMT
On 04/01/12 23:15, Gene Young wrote:

> The To; line in the email header on the post you just made is:
>
> OpenOffice <ooo-users@incubator.apache.org>
>
> I believe what you seek is already there.

You have to open the message to see that header.

Any mail client I have used show the name of the sender, the subject and
the date. This list will have users who do not know how to filter their
emails into specific boxes, trivial as that may be to some of us.

I wonder how Apache expects a new subscriber to differentiate between
list emails and spam.

Apache, please think of the users, check the button to prefix the
subject with the list name.

--
Rob Unsworth
Web Master & IT Chairman