From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Mac automation
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:55:24 GMT
Hi Mike,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 02:55:35PM +0000, Mike Reys wrote:
> I've come here through the
> http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/faq/answernothere/index.html
> page. Not finding the mailing list archive, I'll just go ahead and ask
> here.
>
> I'm running OpenOffice (latest) on Mac (latest version OS). I have
> a repetitive task which involves opening and closing a number of files
> with one action in between. Is OpenOffice scriptable? I've tried with
> Automator but the action I developed often fails.

Yes. You can write scripts in OpenOffice.org Basic, Python, JavaScript,
BeansShell, Java.
You can also write a "client application" in C++, Java, Python.

Please let us know your preferred programming language, and some
information about the task to be performed.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina