From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When is Apache going to release a final stable version?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 02:49:46 GMT
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM, John Boyle <jboyle@harbornet.com> wrote:
> To users1: The subject line says a lot, but I do notice that there are many
> still using the old OpenOffice org users list asking questions on OpenOffice
> org and am wondering when this will be corrected?:-\

A "final stable version"?  I hope never ;-)

We'll release a stable version, then another stable version, and so
on, as long as there are users and new ideas for how we can make
OpenOffice better for users.

But if you are asking specifically about a 3.4 release, we have made
no official announcement about a release date on this yet.
Personally, I'm estimating Q1 2012.  But when we have official news
we'll be sure to post it in all the usual places, including this list.

-Rob