From Andre Fischer <andrefischer...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Impress with presenter console hangs
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:08:42 GMT
Hi,

sorry for my late answer.  I should read this list more regularly.

On 08.12.2011 21:32, Mike Scott wrote:
> (OOo 3.2/XP on an acer 5601 laptop)
>
> Puzzling. I've had OOo and the presenter console on my laptop for
> quite some time - used to work very smoothly to run on two screens.
>
> However, now I find it hangs completely, and has to be killed with
> task manager. It gets part way through the first (dissolve) slide
> change, and just stops; totally dead, at which point the primary
> screen shows the console elements; the second screen shows the
> part-dissolved picture.

The reason for this is a bug triggered by the dissolve effect.

Technical reason: the rectangles are joined into one polygon (with many
loops) that then acts as clip boundary for the part of one slide that is
blended into the other.   The rectangles form a regular grid and
therefore have common edges and points with their neighbors.
For the algorithm that joins the rectangles this (the common edges and
points) is a special case that it can not handle very well.  The result
is an infinite loop and the hang that you have observed.  It happens not
always but often.

I am afraid that there is no simple solution for this, except not using
the dissolve effect.

Best regards,
Andre